I've updated my Electricity OWL Inuition-E Monitor to version 1.4.
I say "I", but I was contacted by a chap by the name of Nick Wallbridge who had also been looking in to the Electricity OWL. As it turned out Nick is a developer in his own right and had some great ideas about what to add to the monitor program. So I gave him access to the code and he has very kindly added some alerts to the existing IFTTT maker capabilities of the program. I really appreciate the time and intellectual contribution that Nick gave to me to add these extra capabilities.
What happened to 1.2 and 1.3 - let's just call them internal builds!
- adds IFTTT maker high alerts
- added credit for Nick's contribution to the about screen
- adds version checking for the program
- adds start with windows capabilities
- now wrapped in an installer program
The update can be downloaded from here.
Please let me know what you think and suggest enhancements.
Future enhancements being considered
- Turning it in to a Windows 10 universal app so I can add it to the Windows Store, but then it won't run on Windows 7 or 8 - is this a problem?
- Adding the option to connect to Azure IoT Hub.
Use the contact form on this site or use twitter (@quiggles) to let me know your thoughts - I'm really keen to get feedback on this program.